Headlines Article :
WELCOME TO MY BLOG SORRY THIS BLOG IS BEING UNDER CONTRUCTION
Home » » Writing Complex Sentences

Writing Complex Sentences

Written By Admin on Jumat, 19 April 2013 | 14.05



Writing Complex Sentences
1.        Simple Sentence
A simple sentence has one subject and one verb
I like to study grammar.
A simple sentence is also called an independent clause.
An independent clause ends with a period or semicolon.
2.      Compound Sentence
A compound sentence is made up of two or more simple sentences joined by one of the following:
A comma and one of the FANBOYS
I like to study grammar, and I love this class.
A semicolon
I like to study grammar; I love this class.
A semicolon and a transitional
I like to study grammar; therefore, I love this class.
3.      Complex Sentence
A complex sentence is a simple sentence (independent clause) to which a part of a sentence (dependent clause) has been added.
Because I like to study grammar, I love this class.
I love this class because I like to study grammar.
4.      Compound/Complex Sentence
A compound/complex sentence is the last and most complicated type of sentence. 
It contains at least one dependent clause and at least two independent clauses.
Share this article :

BLOGGER INDONESIA

 
Support : Bocah 1922 | Template By | Bocah 1922
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2014. Go Blog - All Rights Reserved
Published by Bocah 1922